- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Beef and Rice (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Beef and Rice (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ribs celery, chopped
1 - 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 cup short grain brown rice
1 ½ cup water
¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Brown beef in heavy flame proof Dutch oven. Stir in onions, garlic and celery and sauté for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Cover and move to oven for 45 minutes.
You can probably make this with any kind of rice; just use the amount of water required for the type of rice youre using. Also, if you make it with white rice, reduce the cooking time in the oven to about 30 minutes.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).