- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Potato Leek Soup (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Potato Leek Soup (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from "Carriefaith" in the Gluten-Free Forum.
1 large leek or 3 small leeks white and green parts, minced in a blender or food processor
1 large carrot or 3 small carrots, minced in a blender or food processor
1 onion, diced
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
4-5 potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Original
3-4 cups of plain rice milk, almond milk, or soy milk (Natur-a, Almond Breeze, So Good)
3-4 cups of water or Imagine broth
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
Optional, 1 tablespoon, hot chili sauce
Optional or if you use water 1-2 McCormick all-vegetable bouillon (vegetable, chicken, or beef)
Cook leeks, onions, garlic, and oil in a frying pan until soft. At the same time, place all other ingredients in a large pot and boil over medium heat. Place the leeks, onions, and garlic in the pot. Cook over low heat until the potatoes are done.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).