- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Greek Recipes
- Greek Gluten-Free Meatballs in Wine Sauce
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Greek Gluten-Free Meatballs in Wine Sauce
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from “Fiddle-Faddle” in the Gluten-Free Forum.
Gluten-Free Meatball Ingredients:
¾ pound ground lamb
¾ pound ground beef or veal
1 small yellow onion, minced
1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup dry white wine
Gluten-Free Meatball Directions:
Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Combine meats, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add butter and oil to pan and begin rolling small, bite-size balls, and adding balls to pan as you roll them. Cook balls 10 to 12 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to brown equally on all sides.
Deglaze pan with wine and allow wine to reduce by half, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and squeeze the juice of ½ lemon over the meatballs. Serve in a bowl.
Yield: 4 servings
Its fabulous on rice or pasta.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).