- Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders
- Thyroid & Pancreatic Disorders and Celiac Disease
- Hypothyroidism and Celiac Disease Citations
Hypothyroidism and Celiac Disease Citations
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease, and since then it has become an invaluable resource to people worldwide who seek information about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet.
In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore! which was also another Internet first—it was the first gluten-free food site to offer a shopping cart-style interface, and the ability for people to order gluten-free products manufactured by many different companies at a single Web site.
I am also co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
- The American Family Physician web page (http://www.aafp.org/afp) has an article (March 1, 1998) on detecting Celiac in a patient. It says that autoimmune thryroid diseases were found in 5.4% of celiacs. In the Feb 15,1998 issue there is an article entitled Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Deciding When to Treat. Cole DE, et al. [See Related Articles].
- Neonatal severe hyperparathyroidism, secondary hyperparathyroidism, and familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia: multiple different phenotypes associated with an inactivating Alu insertion mutation of the calcium-sensing receptor gene. Am J Med Genet. 1997 Aug 8; 71(2): 202-210. PMID: 9217223; UI: 97360195.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Propeptide of type I procollagen is predictive of posttreatment bone mass gain in adult celiac disease. Gastroenterology. 1997 Jul; 113(1): 67-71. PMID: 9207263; UI: 97350887.
- Shaker JL, et al. [See Related Articles] Hypocalcemia and skeletal disease as presenting features of celiac disease. Arch Intern Med. 1997 May 12; 157(9): 1013-1016. PMID: 9140273; UI: 97285000.
- Moran CE, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mineral density in patients with pancreatic insufficiency and steatorrhea. Am J Gastroenterol. 1997 May; 92(5): 867-871. PMID: 9149203; UI: 97293150.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Influence of pattern of clinical presentation and of gluten-free diet on bone mass and metabolism in adult celiac disease. Bone. 1996 Jun; 18(6): 525-530. PMID: 8805992; UI: 96399521.
- Keaveny AP, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone remodeling indices and secondary hyperparathyroidism in celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1996 Jun; 91(6): 1226-1231. PMID: 8651176; UI: 96237643.
- Wrong O. [See Related Articles] A woman with bone pain, fractures, and malabsorption. Lancet. 1996 Mar 23; 347(9004): 829. No abstract available. PMID: 8622356; UI: 96180154.
- Kumar V, et al. [See Related Articles] Celiac disease and hypoparathyroidism: cross-reaction of Endomysial antibodies with parathyroid tissue. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 1996 Mar; 3(2): 143-146. PMID: 8991626; UI: 96265434.
- Bertoli A, et al. [See Related Articles] A woman with bone pain, fractures, and malabsorption. Lancet. 1996 Feb 3; 347(8997): 300. No abstract available. PMID: 8569366; UI: 96158642.
- Rude RK, et al. [See Related Articles] Magnesium deficiency: possible role in osteoporosis associated with gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Osteoporos Int. 1996; 6(6): 453-461. PMID: 9116391; UI: 97183181.
- Molteni N, et al. [See Related Articles] intestinal calcium absorption as shown by stable strontium test in celiac disease before and after gluten-free diet. Am J Gastroenterol. 1995 Nov; 90(11): 2025-2028. PMID: 7485015; UI: 96048763.
- Pratico G, et al. [See Related Articles] [Calcium-phosphorus metabolism in celiac disease in children]. Pediatr Med Chir. 1995 Sep; 17(5): 403-406. Italian. PMID: 8684993; UI: 96286520.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mass and metabolism in patients with celiac disease. Gastroenterology. 1995 Jul; 109(1): 122-128. PMID: 7797010; UI: 95317529.
- Gonzalez D, et al. [See Related Articles] Body composition and bone mineral density in untreated and treated patients with celiac disease. Bone. 1995 Feb; 16(2): 231-234. PMID: 7756052; UI: 95275602.
- Mazure R, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mineral affection in asymptomatic adult patients with celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1994 Dec; 89(12): 2130-2134. PMID: 7977227; UI: 95067822.
- Wortsman J, et al. [See Related Articles] Case report: idiopathic hypoparathyroidism co-existing with celiac disease: immunologic studies. Am J Med Sci. 1994 Jun; 307(6): 420-427. PMID: 8198149; UI: 94256518.
- Bolla G, et al. [See Related Articles] [Tertiary hyperparathyroidism revealing celiac disease in adults]. Presse Med. 1994 Feb 19; 23(7): 346. French. No abstract available. PMID: 8208699; UI: 94269013.
- Lindh E, et al. [See Related Articles] Screening for antibodies against gliadin in patients with osteoporosis. J Intern Med. 1992 Apr; 231(4): 403-406. PMID: 1588266; UI: 92268780.
- Caraceni MP, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone and mineral metabolism in adult celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1988 Mar; 83(3): 274-277. PMID: 3257843; UI: 88147922
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
Get FREE Celiac.com email alerts (1-3 email per month with the latest celiac disease research and information, gluten-free recipes, etc.).