- Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders
- Thyroid & Pancreatic Disorders and Celiac Disease
- Hypothyroidism and Celiac Disease Citations
Hypothyroidism and Celiac Disease Citations
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
- The American Family Physician web page (http://www.aafp.org/afp) has an article (March 1, 1998) on detecting Celiac in a patient. It says that autoimmune thryroid diseases were found in 5.4% of celiacs. In the Feb 15,1998 issue there is an article entitled Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Deciding When to Treat. Cole DE, et al. [See Related Articles].
- Neonatal severe hyperparathyroidism, secondary hyperparathyroidism, and familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia: multiple different phenotypes associated with an inactivating Alu insertion mutation of the calcium-sensing receptor gene. Am J Med Genet. 1997 Aug 8; 71(2): 202-210. PMID: 9217223; UI: 97360195.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Propeptide of type I procollagen is predictive of posttreatment bone mass gain in adult celiac disease. Gastroenterology. 1997 Jul; 113(1): 67-71. PMID: 9207263; UI: 97350887.
- Shaker JL, et al. [See Related Articles] Hypocalcemia and skeletal disease as presenting features of celiac disease. Arch Intern Med. 1997 May 12; 157(9): 1013-1016. PMID: 9140273; UI: 97285000.
- Moran CE, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mineral density in patients with pancreatic insufficiency and steatorrhea. Am J Gastroenterol. 1997 May; 92(5): 867-871. PMID: 9149203; UI: 97293150.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Influence of pattern of clinical presentation and of gluten-free diet on bone mass and metabolism in adult celiac disease. Bone. 1996 Jun; 18(6): 525-530. PMID: 8805992; UI: 96399521.
- Keaveny AP, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone remodeling indices and secondary hyperparathyroidism in celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1996 Jun; 91(6): 1226-1231. PMID: 8651176; UI: 96237643.
- Wrong O. [See Related Articles] A woman with bone pain, fractures, and malabsorption. Lancet. 1996 Mar 23; 347(9004): 829. No abstract available. PMID: 8622356; UI: 96180154.
- Kumar V, et al. [See Related Articles] Celiac disease and hypoparathyroidism: cross-reaction of endomysial antibodies with parathyroid tissue. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 1996 Mar; 3(2): 143-146. PMID: 8991626; UI: 96265434.
- Bertoli A, et al. [See Related Articles] A woman with bone pain, fractures, and malabsorption. Lancet. 1996 Feb 3; 347(8997): 300. No abstract available. PMID: 8569366; UI: 96158642.
- Rude RK, et al. [See Related Articles] Magnesium deficiency: possible role in osteoporosis associated with gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Osteoporos Int. 1996; 6(6): 453-461. PMID: 9116391; UI: 97183181.
- Molteni N, et al. [See Related Articles] Intestinal calcium absorption as shown by stable strontium test in celiac disease before and after gluten-free diet. Am J Gastroenterol. 1995 Nov; 90(11): 2025-2028. PMID: 7485015; UI: 96048763.
- Pratico G, et al. [See Related Articles] [Calcium-phosphorus metabolism in celiac disease in children]. Pediatr Med Chir. 1995 Sep; 17(5): 403-406. Italian. PMID: 8684993; UI: 96286520.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mass and metabolism in patients with celiac disease. Gastroenterology. 1995 Jul; 109(1): 122-128. PMID: 7797010; UI: 95317529.
- Gonzalez D, et al. [See Related Articles] Body composition and bone mineral density in untreated and treated patients with celiac disease. Bone. 1995 Feb; 16(2): 231-234. PMID: 7756052; UI: 95275602.
- Mazure R, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mineral affection in asymptomatic adult patients with celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1994 Dec; 89(12): 2130-2134. PMID: 7977227; UI: 95067822.
- Wortsman J, et al. [See Related Articles] Case report: idiopathic hypoparathyroidism co-existing with celiac disease: immunologic studies. Am J Med Sci. 1994 Jun; 307(6): 420-427. PMID: 8198149; UI: 94256518.
- Bolla G, et al. [See Related Articles] [Tertiary hyperparathyroidism revealing celiac disease in adults]. Presse Med. 1994 Feb 19; 23(7): 346. French. No abstract available. PMID: 8208699; UI: 94269013.
- Lindh E, et al. [See Related Articles] Screening for antibodies against gliadin in patients with osteoporosis. J Intern Med. 1992 Apr; 231(4): 403-406. PMID: 1588266; UI: 92268780.
- Caraceni MP, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone and mineral metabolism in adult celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1988 Mar; 83(3): 274-277. PMID: 3257843; UI: 88147922
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).