- Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders
- Thyroid & Pancreatic Disorders and Celiac Disease
- Hypothyroidism and Celiac Disease Citations
Hypothyroidism and Celiac Disease Citations
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
- The American Family Physician web page (http://www.aafp.org/afp) has an article (March 1, 1998) on detecting Celiac in a patient. It says that autoimmune thryroid diseases were found in 5.4% of celiacs. In the Feb 15,1998 issue there is an article entitled Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Deciding When to Treat. Cole DE, et al. [See Related Articles].
- Neonatal severe hyperparathyroidism, secondary hyperparathyroidism, and familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia: multiple different phenotypes associated with an inactivating Alu insertion mutation of the calcium-sensing receptor gene. Am J Med Genet. 1997 Aug 8; 71(2): 202-210. PMID: 9217223; UI: 97360195.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Propeptide of type I procollagen is predictive of posttreatment bone mass gain in adult celiac disease. Gastroenterology. 1997 Jul; 113(1): 67-71. PMID: 9207263; UI: 97350887.
- Shaker JL, et al. [See Related Articles] Hypocalcemia and skeletal disease as presenting features of celiac disease. Arch Intern Med. 1997 May 12; 157(9): 1013-1016. PMID: 9140273; UI: 97285000.
- Moran CE, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone mineral density in patients with pancreatic insufficiency and steatorrhea. Am J Gastroenterol. 1997 May; 92(5): 867-871. PMID: 9149203; UI: 97293150.
- Corazza GR, et al. [See Related Articles] Influence of pattern of clinical presentation and of gluten-free diet on bone mass and metabolism in adult celiac disease. Bone. 1996 Jun; 18(6): 525-530. PMID: 8805992; UI: 96399521.
- Keaveny AP, et al. [See Related Articles] Bone remodeling indices and secondary hyperparathyroidism in celiac disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 1996 Jun; 91(6): 1226-1231. PMID: 8651176; UI: 96237643.
- Wrong O. [See Related Articles] A woman with bone pain, fractures, and malabsorption. Lancet. 1996 Mar 23; 347(9004): 829. No abstract available. PMID: 8622356; UI: 96180154.
- Kumar V, et al. [See Related Articles] Celiac disease and hypoparathyroidism: cross-reaction of endomysial
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
- Connection Found between Celiac Disease and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Adolescent Celiacs Have Elevated Levels of Anti-Thyroid and Anti-Pancreatic Autoantibodies
- Celiac Disease is Linked to Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Disease: Celiac Disease and Hypoparathyroidism: Cross-Reaction of Endomysial Antibodies with Parathyroid Tissue