In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease, and since then it has become an invaluable resource to people worldwide who seek information about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet.
In 1998 I created The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore! which was also another Internet first—it was the first gluten-free food site to offer a shopping cart-style interface, and the ability for people to order gluten-free products manufactured by many different companies at a single Web site.
I am also co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
This recipe comes to us from ‘Sweetfudge” in the Gluten-Free Forum.
One 15 ounce can pumpkin
One 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put baking cups (liners) into a muffin/cupcake pan.
3. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into each cup about until about ¾ full.
5. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool. Garnish as desired.
Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.