- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Filling (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Filling (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from "lonewolf" in the Gluten-Free Forum.
2 ½ cups gluten-free rice milk
1 1/3 cups maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 envelopes unflavored Knox gelatin or equivalent
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
One 29 oz can pumpkin
1 pre-baked gluten-free pie crust
Sprinkle gelatin (or whatever you use) over rice milk in saucepan. Let stand 1-2 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves - about 2 minutes. Add maple syrup, spices and vanilla and stir over med. low heat for 3-5 minutes. Blend in pumpkin and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes. Cool until starting to thicken slightly. (It should be pretty cool.) Pour into pie shell. Chill at least 3 hours.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).