- Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders
- Casein / Cows Milk Intolerance and Celiac Disease
- Associated Factors of Protracted Diarrhea
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Associated Factors of Protracted Diarrhea
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
AU- Khoshoo V; Bhan MK
CS- Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India.
JN- Indian Pediatr; 27 (6) p559-69
PY- Jun 1990
AB- The associated factors in 80 children (less than 2 yrs) with protracted diarrhea (greater than 21 days duration) and weight loss were: secondary carbohydrate intolerance (36): enteric pathogens (non typhoidal salmonella (11), enteropathogenic E. coli EPEC (6), giardia (4), and shigella (3); cows milk protein intolerance (3), gluten intolerance (3); miscellaneous (5); and undiagnosed
A disease of the intestinal tract.'); return false">enteropathy (9). Three of the EPEC showed localized pattern of adherence in vitro with HEP-2 cells. Most patients with salmonella and EPEC had severe secretory diarrhea with large fecal sodium losses. All 6 patients who died had secretory diarrhea and very high fecal sodium. All but 4 patients could be effectively managed with a chicken puree-glucose-coconut oil based diet.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
- Dietary Proteins in Human Milk
- Disaccharidase Activity as a Diagnostic Criterion for the Mucosa of the Small Intestine
- Lymphoblastic Stimulation Test with Food Proteins in Digestive Intolerance to Cow's Milk and in Infant Diarrheas
- Quantitative Estimation of Cellular Infiltration of the Small Intestinal Mucosa in Children with Cow's Milk and Gluten Intolerance