- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Pumpkin Cake (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Pumpkin Cake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.
1 stick butter, softened
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup mashed pumpkin
1/3 cup water
1 ¾ cup gluten-free flour mix
1 teaspoon soda
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 350F. Cream first four ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients. Beat in ½ of dry ingredients. Beat in water. Beat in remaining dry ingredients. Pour into greased pan and bake according to one of the following options:
- 9"x9" pan for 40 to 45 minutes, or;
- Medium tube cake pan (6 cup) 40 to 45 minutes, or;
- Large loaf pan 45 to 50 minutes.
Cream cheese glaze: Blend together 3 oz cream cheese & about 3/4 to 1 cup confectioner’s sugar in glass dish over hot water until about the consistency of honey. Drizzle over pumpkin cake.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).