- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Banana Nut Bread #4 (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Banana Nut Bread #4 (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
½ cup oil or melted butter
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
3 or 4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup mashed banana (2-3)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
2 cups gluten-free flour
Melt butter and mix with sugar and egg yolks. Add mashed banana. Sift dry ingredients and add gradually. Stir in chopped nuts. Fold in stiff-beaten egg whites. Bake at 325F in greased loaf pan about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).