- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Egg-Free Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
Egg-Free Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
I am a health and fitness freelance writer who also is a sufferer of Celiac Disease. With my certificate in American Council of Exercise as a fitness instructor and my experience as a nutritional consultant, I regularly write for my column "Healthy Kidz" in our newspaper. About a year ago I was recently diagnosed with Celiac, along with IBS and lactose intolerance, so I sought out support groups and advice from GI doctors and nutritionist. I even participated in an on-line course to educate me and my family on my condition. With my love of cooking and my background in nutrition , I am currently working on a cookbook to published.View all articles by Heather Demeritte
1 pound ground turkey or lean beef
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup of marinara sauce
- Combine turkey with onion, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and salt in a medium bowl.
- Form 24 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until sizzles; add meatballs turning to coat in oil.
- Move the pan around for about 5 minutes to brown all sides until no longer pink inside. Check to see if it is done by cutting one open.
- Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs and simmer on medium low for 15 minutes. Tips: Serve this over warm rice pasta with a side of salad of fresh mixed greens drizzled with Italian dressing.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).