Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- No Crust New York-Style Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
No Crust New York-Style Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This recipe comes to us from Lisa Bell.
- Reynolds Wrap large size, heavy-duty foil
- Roasting pan that a 9” springform pan can fit inside with 1” space on all sides (can be “disposable” one)
- 4 - 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free almond extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Wrap outside of 9” springform pan with foil. Generously butter inside of pan.
- In large food processor, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and cornstarch. Blend in sour cream. Transfer to an extra large mixing bowl. With electric mixer, add whipping cream, and almond and vanilla extracts. Blend in eggs and egg yolk ONE AT A TIME, mixing and scraping bowl with spatula thoroughly between each addition.
- Pour batter into pan. Place pan in roasting pan and add water (about 4 cups to prevent cracks) outside of the springform pan. Bake on center rack for 70 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let cool with the door open for 1 hour. Remove springform pan from water bath and chill for at least 3 hours before removing the cake from the pan. Dust with nutmeg, and top with chopped pecans, if desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
German Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
I've never been big on cake, but when it comes to German chocolate cake, now that's a different story.... [READ MORE]
Clementine Cake (Gluten-Free)
4-5 unpeeled Clementines (1 pound total)
1cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/3 cup ground almonds (almond flour)
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
Put unpeeled clementines in a pot with cold water to cover.... [READ MORE]
White Cake (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Lynn Facey.... [READ MORE]
Pound Low-Fat Buttermilk Cake (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Andrea Frankel.... [READ MORE]