- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Meatball Submarine Sandwiches (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Meatball Submarine Sandwiches (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
This excellent recipe comes to us from Jane B.
4 lbs. lean ground beef
1 cup water
½ cup gluten-free soy sauce
Dash of garlic salt
Mix together, shape into 1 inch balls and put in baking pan with balls touching. Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350F.
Brown a finely diced onion in a little olive oil and add:
4 large cans of tomato sauce
2-3 large cans of tomato paste (until thick)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon garlic powder (more if you like)
5-6 shakes of garlic salt
Simmer with meatballs for at least 3-4 hours. Serve on hot gluten-free submarine rolls with mozzarella cheese.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).