- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Quick Italian Vegetable Soup (Gluten-Free)
Quick Italian Vegetable Soup (Gluten-Free)
Debbie Johnson is the best-selling author of Think Yourself Thin, and former owner of The Golden Chalice Restaurant and Gallery; a one hundred percent Gluten-Free and Diabetic-Friendly gourmet establishment. Her new cookbook, Fun with GF/LG Food is and ebook available now at http://glutenfreefun.com.View all articles by Debbie Johnson
1 cup of your favorite organic Italian red sauce
2 cups purified Water with 2 Tblsps. Braggs Aminos or organic Chicken Soup stock
½ cup fresh or frozen organic String Beans
¼ cup organic Onion, chopped
1 medium organic Carrot, sliced
2 large leaves of organic Swiss Chard, cut in small pieces
1 stalk organic Celery, sliced
½ medium organic Zucchini, quartered and sliced
½ tsp. organic Fennel Seed, crushed
1 tsp. organic Oregano
1 tsp. organic Thyme
1 tsp. organic Basil
¼ cup organic extra virgin,
- Bring Water or Soup Stock to a boil.
- While doing that, slice vegetables and add, starting with Onion, String Beans and Carrot, then add Celery and Swiss chard, then Zucchini.
(Success Secret: To save time, slice and toss in the pot the harder vegetables first, especially the ones that take longer to cook.)
- Cook just until vegetables are tender, remove from stove, then add the olive oil.
- Add ¼ cup quinoa right at the beginning before boiling stock – it should be done by the time all vegetables are added and cooked.
- Add ½ cup cooked garbanzo beans (lower in starch than other beans)
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).