- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- White Chocolate Chips & Macadamias Nut Gluten-Free Cookies
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
White Chocolate Chips & Macadamias Nut Gluten-Free Cookies
I am a mother of 3 younger children. Two of my children, Kimimae and Isaac have food allergies. Kimi has very severe allergy, she is allergic to dairy, egg, chicken, all nuts and all seafood. And my son, Isaac is allergic to all nuts. Recently, my husband has been diagnosed with celiac disease. I have recently just started a blog, http://silkiecook.blogspot.com to provide recipes for people living with allergy.View all articles by Silka Burgoyne
Ever since my husband diagnose with celiac disease, he was a little bit depressed because he could not just simple go and grab something to eat. At the beginning, he tried to keep an open mind and went to stores that sell gluten-free products. Most of the time, he was disappointed with the taste of the products. One day, he came home from work and told me how his co-workers teased him with a yummy looking chocolate chips cookie and he felt extremely depressed because he could not eat them and he absolutely LOVES to snack. I found his co-workers' action very childish and decided that I would create a recipe the my husband would love and he could has plenty of supply at work so when the same situation ever happen again, he would be prepared.
My husband's favorite cookie is white chocolate chip with macadamias nut; hence, I decided to try making a gluten free version of the cookie for him. After a few try with different flour mix and ingredients. I got a recipe that not only my husband enjoys but also his co-workers after trying them.This is my modified version of gluten-free cookie recipe. The cookies from this recipe has a nice soft texture.
This recipe will makes about 2 - 21/2 dozen cookies.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cup of Silka Flour Mix (2/3 cup of Brown Rice Flour, 1/2 cup each of white rice flour, tapioca flour, 1/3 cup of corn starch, 1/4 cup of potato starch)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted) or 1/2 cup of oil
- 2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking soda
- 1 1/2 of teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 cup of white chocolate chip
- 1 tbsp of milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup of macadamias nut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree and line 2 baking sheet with parchment pager or use nonstick spray to grease the baking sheet.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar and sugar until incorporated, add eggs and vanilla extract until blended
- In a medium bowl, whisk Silka Flour Mix, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt
- Stir the dry ingredients to the butter mix until incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chip and Macadamias nut (optional) into the cookie dough
- If the dough appears to be a little dry, add in milk but it's entirely optional
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough onto prepared cooking sheet, space them about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies turn golden
- cool cookies for 5 minutes before transferring them into a wire rack
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).