- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Brownie Recipes
- Pecan Caramel Brownies (Gluten-Free)
Pecan Caramel Brownies (Gluten-Free)
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
Gluten-Free caramel pecan brownies (photo courtesy of jessicafm)
Gluten-free Brownie Mix Ingredients:
- 4 ounces gluten-free unsweetened chocolate
- 12 ounces butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted-optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Grease your pan thoroughly and generously with butter.
- Melt the butter and the 4 ounces of chocolate together.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and mix by hand or fold with a fork.
- Beat the eggs and then add to the mixture.
- Add the gluten-free flour and the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ teaspoons fine Himalayan salt (or salt preference)
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
1) Gently heat cream in saucepan.
2) In a tall pot, place sugar and water. Heat on medium high heat until becomes amber caramel. Do not stir. After about 5 minutes, it will start to turn light brown. Watch it closely now as it will turn amber color very quickly.
3) Add the warm cream, butter and salt. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add the gelatin.
4) Immediately pour over the pan of cooled brownies. Place in the refrigerator to set.
5) Cut into squares and serve.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).