- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Easy Steamed Pork Dumplings (Gluten-Free)
Easy Steamed Pork Dumplings (Gluten-Free)
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
Gluten-Free Pork Dumpling Recipe (photo courtesy of avlxy2)
- 1 bag (3-1/2 cups) gluten-free bread mix including yeast packet
- ¼ cup oil of your choice-sesame oil works well
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy or tamari sauce
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoons
- pinch salt
1. Combine bread mix, yeast packet, oil and water (reserve a couple of tablespoons of mix for dusting dough later). Mix well to form dough. Let rise 60 minutes.
2. On plastic wrap sprinkle reserved mix and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick. Cut dough into 4-by-4-inch squares.
3. Mix pork ( or alternate ingredients) with corn starch, soy sauce, green onions, red pepper and salt. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons in the center of each square and fold dough over the top of the meat mixture. Place into lightly oiled steamer and steam 20 minutes.
4. Cook in batches until all dumplings are ready to serve.
5. For a crispy dumpling, lightly fry your steamed dumplings in a pan with 2 tablespoons oil over med-high heat until brown.
6.Serve with soy sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
7. Add a side of steamed rice, and some miso soup and dinner is served!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).