Simple and Crunchy Nut Crackers (Gluten-Free)
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
Gluten-Free Nut Crackers (photo courtesy of s58y)
Crunchy Nut Crackers
Serving Size: Makes around 30-40 (depending on how the size of cracker you make.)
- 2 cups mixed nuts of your choice: (cashew, almonds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds work well)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven at 360°F (180°C).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment papers.
- Grind nuts into a flour consistency in a blender or food processor (food processor usually works best).
- Add egg, water and sea salt and stir around with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together in a quite stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into two and place them directly on the parchment papers.
- Roll them out to two rectangles, about 0-1 inches thick. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin you could roll it with parchment paper covering the dough. Use a knife to cut them in slices or squares.
- Spray some water on them and top with the seeds.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).