- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Brussels Sprout Salad with Pine Nuts (Gluten-Free)
Brussels Sprout Salad with Pine Nuts (Gluten-Free)
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
Gluten-Free Brussel Sprout Salad (photo courtesy of randomduck)
I love Brussels sprouts! I may be the minority....but if you love Brussels sprouts as much as I do, then you will likely love this recipe too. This is a very easy recipe and it can be eaten as a meal or served as a side dish, served warm or cold.
Serving Size: 4 (as a side) or 2 (as an entree)
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1 cup chopped kale (optional)
- ½ - ¾ Cup Pine nuts (raw or lightly roasted)
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Saute all but pine nuts over medium heat until bright color develops and the sprouts are tender.
- Add pine nuts and cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).