Purchase the Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping Guide for MUCH MORE information than is offered below.
Please note that ingredients in the products on this page are subject
to change without notice. The products on this page were safe when last
checked. It is up to you to verify that the product remains gluten-free
by checking the ingredients yourself, or by contacting the manufacturer.
All distilled alcohols are
- Armagnac - made from grapes.
- Beer - A number of premium and craft brewers now produce specialty grain gluten-free beers using non-gluten ingredients such as buckwheat, sorghum, rice, corn, etc. Not all the beers listed below use specialty grains, and some of them have had the gluten removed using special filters and/or enzymes, and in such cases they may not be 100% gluten-free (although each claims to test below 20 PPM gluten).
- Against the Grain, World Top Brewery (United Kingdom)
- Bards Tale Dragons Gold, Bard's Tale Beer Company (USA)
- BeerUp Glutenfrei, Grieskirchen (Austria)
- Birra 76 Bi-Aglut, Heineken Italy (Italy)
- Blonde (also Ginger and Apple Beers), Billabong Brewing (Australia)
- Daura, Estrella Damm (Spain)
- G-Free, St. Peter's Brewery (United Kingdom)
- Green's Endeavour Dubble, Green's (United Kingdom)
- Koff I, Sinebrychoff (Finland)
- Lammsbräu, Neumarkter (Germany)
- Messagère, Les bières de la Nouvelle-France (Canada)
- Mongozo's exotic flavorded pilsners (The Netherlands)
- New Grist, Lakefront Brewery (USA)
- Nodogoshi, Kirin (Japan)
- O'Brien Brown Ale, O'Brien Brewery (Australia)
- Passover Honey Beer, Ramapo Valley (USA)
- RedBridge, Anheuser-Busch (USA)
- Residenz Bio-Reis-Gold Dunkel, Liebharts (Germany)
- Schnitzer Bräu (Germany)
- Sorghum Molasses Brown, Outer Banks (USA)
- Toleration, Hambleton (United Kingdom)
- Tread Lightly Ale and 3R Raspberry Ale, New Planet (USA)
- Tumma Kukko, Laitilan (Finland)
- Bourbon - Makers Mark
- Cider - fermented from apples or other
fruits. Some are safe, however, many add barley for enzymes and flavor.
- Cognac - made from grapes.
- Kirschwasser (cherry liqueur)
- Margarita Mix:
- Jose Cuervo.
- Mr. & Mrs. T.
- Club Extra Dry Martini (corn
- Club Vodka Martini (corn &
- Mead - distilled from honey.
- Jose Cuervo Mistico (agave
- Mixes & Cooking Alcohol:
- Club Tom Collins (corn).
- Dimond Jims Bloody Mary Mystery.
- Holland House - all EXCEPT
Teriyaki Marinade and Smooth & Spicy Bloody Mary Mixes.
- Mr. & Mrs. T - all Except
Bloody Mary Mix.
- Spice Islands - Cooking Wines
- Burgundy, Sherry and White.
- Ouzo - made from grapes and anise.
- Sake - fermented with rice and Koji enzymes.
The Koji enzymes are grown on Miso, which is usually made with barley.
The two-product separation from barley, and the manufacturing process
should make it safe for celiacs.
- Scotch Whiskey
- Sparkling Wine
- Vermouth - distilled from grapes.
- Wine - all wines, including port wines
and sherry, are safe for celiacs.
& James - their wine-based beverages (EXCEPT their
malt beverages - read the label carefully!).
- their wine-based beverages (EXCEPT their malt beverages
- read the label carefully!)