- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
Hello! I'm Sarah...I love to cook, bake, and create new recipes - would you have ever guessed?! I currently live in Minnesota and am originally from Colorado. I have a few people that are close to me with celiac disease, therefore I am constantly coming up with "gluten free" recipes. Nice to meet you!View all articles by Sarah Lukemire
- 1 package Chocolate Candiquick (16 oz.)
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free)
Directions for cake:
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch (or 12″) spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray, then line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Spray the paper with cooking spray too, then set the pan to the side –
- Place 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (cut into chunks) and 8 oz (half of the 16oz package) Candiquick in the heat and serve microwaveable tray (put remaining Candiquick in separate container/bag).
- Microwave on high for 45 sec- 1 minute, stirring often, continue in 15 sec increments- if necessary, until melted and completely blended
- Now pour the Candiquick and butter mixture into a large bowl. Add sugar and mix well
- Add the six eggs, one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Sift the cocoa into the bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour into springform pan and bake 30-40 min or until cake has risen and formed a thin crust
- Break apart two squares from the unused Candiquick (you will have 2 squares left-over after you use these) and 3 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat - stir until smooth.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, then stir in vanilla, honey, and milk. Set aside to slightly cool off.
- When the cake has cooled, pour the glaze onto the center and use a spatula or the backside of a spoon to smooth the glaze along the top and sides of the cake.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow the glaze to set and it will also make the cake much easier to slice.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).