Here is a recipe that will leave you wanting more. The great thing about waffles is they can be frozen for a later date, so you can never make too many. This recipe is gluten-free, and also free of most common allergens including; dairy, eggs, nuts, and corn.Allergen Free Waffles (Gluten-Free)Serving Size
: Approximately 5 Belgian waffles.
- 1 ¾ cups warm distilled water
- 1 ¾ cups full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 ¾ tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 cups gluten-free rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
1. Start by grinding the flax seeds in your blender or food processor until it reaches a finely ground consistency.
2. Mix the ground flax seed with the warm water in a medium glass bowl, set aside, let sit for 3 minutes.
3. Whisk together the rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large glass bowl. Blend the coconut milk and molasses into the water and flax seed mixture.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until the batter is slightly lumpy.
5. Preheat the waffle iron until warm.
6. Mix the batter again briefly, breaking up any remaining balls of rice flour.
7. Completely grease both sides of the waffle iron.
8. Pour the batter into the center of the iron, covering the iron enough but not too much that the batter overflows.
9. Bake each waffle until it is brown and can be removed from the iron without breaking or falling apart.