- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Grilled Pork Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Grilled Pork Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Gluten-free tacos hit the spot!
These grilled pork tacos are quick, easy to make, and delicious. Topped with avocado salsa verde, they are a genuine gluten-free treat.
3-4 boneless pork chops
12 corn tortillas
2-3 ripe avocados
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 cans Herdez salsa verde
1/2 cup Cotija cheese
1 lemon or 2 limes
Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in warm oven.
Grill pork chops according to thickness at 475-500 degrees.
When pork chops are done, remove them from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes or so.
Crumble cheese into a bowl.
Cut pork into small cubes.
Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 lime onto the pork.
3-4 ripe avocados
Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 lime
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
2 cans Herdez salsa verde (7 ounces)
Slice avocados into a large bowl.
Add juice 1 lemon or 2 lime.
Add Herdez salsa verde.
Fold in cilantro.
Mix with a fork.
When everything is ready, remove tortillas from oven. Place two at a time on a plate. Top with meat, salsa, cheese and extra cilantro if desired.
Suggestion: Serve with your favorite gluten-free beer.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).