- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Marinated Grilled Salmon (Gluten-Free)
Marinated Grilled Salmon (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
The finished marinated grilled salmon. Photo: CC-navin75
Good salmon is one of this treats that can stand on its own merits with little or no adornment. In summer, I like to put salmon steak or fillet on the grill with a few good veggies. It's an easy dish to make, and one that pairs nicely with rice for a lean, nutritious meal. Here's a delicious way to grill salmon:
1½ pounds salmon steaks or fillets
½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
⅓ cup orange juice
¼ cup honey
2 green onions, chopped
1. In a glass dish, or a large resealable plastic bag, mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, honey, and green onion.
2. Place fresh salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat barbecue, or outdoor grill to medium heat.
4. Remove salmon from marinade, drain excess. Toss out remaining marinade.
5. Grill salmon on a lightly oiled grill for 12 to 15 minutes for each inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).