- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Chili-Lime Roasted Corn (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Chili-Lime Roasted Corn (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Once you’ve had this tangy, spicy corn, it will be hard to go back to the plain stuff. Like a good plate of ribs, you eat this corn with the hope of getting messy. You can easily substitute regular chili powder, but ancho is a good one to keep in the pantry, because it adds a mild, smoky-sweet flavor that’s just perfect with lime.
4-6 ears of corn, in husk
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
Juice of 1 lime, plus 1 lime cut into wedges
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons butter, room-temperature
Pinch of salt and pepper
In a small bowl, combine butter chili powder, lime juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil and set aside.
Peel back corn husks but don’t remove them. Remove silk and fold husks back around the ears. Soak in warm water for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, preheat grill. Remove ears, fold back husks and pat dry. Spread generously with butter mixture. Fold husks over once more and grill, turning frequently, for 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).