- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Brazilian & South American Recipes
- Lemon Lime Jicama Bites (Gluten-Free)
Lemon Lime Jicama Bites (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog,Â The Healthy Apple.Â Amie shares her passion for and approach to âClean Eatingâ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
- 5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 extra ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cashew butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large jicama, peeled, and sliced into 1/2 inch ‘french fry’ like sticks
- In a food processor, combine mint, flax seeds, avocado, cashew
butter, almond milk, sea salt and cinnamon; pulse until smooth. Transfer
mixture to a serving bowl for dipping.
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice, lemon juice and cayenne pepper; mix well. Add jicama; gently toss to combine until jicama is well coated with mixture.
- Arrange coated jicama sticks on a serving platter. Serve with Lemon Lime Dressing.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).