- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Toasted Chicken with Arugula Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
Toasted Chicken with Arugula Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog,Â The Healthy Apple.Â Amie shares her passion for and approach to âClean Eatingâ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cored
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- 8 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 lb. sliced chicken, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients (except bread and chicken) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, spread atop a piece of gluten-free toast with a few slices of chicken.
- Remaining guacamole can be served at room temperature or chilled with gluten-free crackers, pretzels or crudites.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).