- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Burritos
Gluten-Free Black Bean Burritos
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
Black beans are a healthy addition to any diet, and especially to a gluten-free diet. They are inexpensive and taste great.
Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
- 4 gluten-free tortillas
- 1/2 cup Greek plain 2% yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup white beans
- 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Lay gluten-free tortillas flat on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, pumpkin and chili powder; mix well to combine. Spread mixture atop tortillas. Add mashed avocado and smooth together in a circular motion. Add white beans, parsley, beans, rice and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven; bake for 1-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven; transfer to serving dishes.
- Serve warm.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).