- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Spinach Pistachio Pesto (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Spinach Pistachio Pesto (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
This recipe can be served on top gluten-free crackers, or with crudites or as a spread atop toast.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil, onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions caramelize.
- Add spinach; cook for another 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a food processor; add remaining ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve atop gluten-free crackers, with crudites or as a spread atop toast.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).