Cashew Cumin Roasted Fennel Snacks (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to ‘Clean Eating’ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
This recipe makes a great, healthy snack that is perfect to tide you over between meals!
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 4 large fennel bulbs, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces, reserving fronds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup ground cashews
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay fennel fronds in a large baking dish lined with tin foil; top with fennel bulb pieces. Sprinkle with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cashews, cumin and sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a dollop of hummus, guacamole or salsa.
Get FREE Celiac.com email alerts (1-3 email per month with the latest celiac disease research and information, gluten-free recipes, etc.).