Pecan Cauliflower Bites (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to ‘Clean Eating’ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
This lovely dish makes an outstanding appetize, side dish with your favorite meal, or a nice h'orderve at a party.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with tin foil.
- Cut cauliflower into florets or steak-like slices. Place into the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Drizzle over cauliflower.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place into the fridge overnight in a glass bowl, covered.
- Enjoy at room temperature with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Get FREE Celiac.com email alerts (1-3 email per month with the latest celiac disease research and information, gluten-free recipes, etc.).