- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Kale Sesame Baked Quinoa (Gluten-Free)
Kale Sesame Baked Quinoa (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 large bunch of fresh kale, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Vidallia onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ tsp. sea
- ½ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then coat with sesame seeds.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add kale; blanch until bright green, approximately 8-10 seconds. Transfer hot spinach to the ice bath to cool for 30 seconds, remove and drain water. Set aside kale on a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add Vidallia onion, garlic, thyme and chili powder; sauté until translucent, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add kale, cooked quinoa, yogurt, eggs, sea salt and pepper to the onion mixture; mix well to combine. Transfer quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish and place in the oven. Bake until set and golden brown, approximately 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of Greek plain yogurt for dipping, if desired.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).