Gluten-Free Pasta Salad
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 4 ounces goat cheese, broken into pieces
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast pine nuts, stirring often, until golden, approximately 3 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions, add asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain; return pasta and asparagus to pot. Toss with goat cheese, scallions, orange zest, parsley, paprika, sea salt, pepper and toasted pine nuts.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).