- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Flour-Less Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes (Gluten-Free)
Flour-Less Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog,Â The Healthy Apple.Â Amie shares her passion for and approach to âClean Eatingâ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
For a fun spin on these cupcakes - I made them with almond butter and pistachios on my blog.
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free.
- 10 large eggs
- 3 oz. baking chocolate such as Green & Black
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cashews, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cashew butter, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cupcake tins with nonstick baking spray.
- Separate eggs into large small bowls; one for egg yolks and one for egg whites.
- In a small saucepan, melt baking chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks on medium-high speed until and thick, approximately 7 minutes. Reduce speed to low; add sea salt and 2/3 cup granulated sugar until mixture becomes thick and creamy, approximately 8 minutes. Add melted chocolate and cashews; continue to beat with mixer on low speed.
- Add almond extract to the large bowl of egg whites. Beat until foamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup sugar; beat on high speed until soft peaks form, approximately 5 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake tins. Transfer to the oven; bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool on baking racks.
- Slice each cupcake in half. Serve warm with a spread of cashew butter for a healthy spin on sugary icing.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).