Kale and Swiss Chard Stir Fry (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to ‘Clean Eating’ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
- 2 cups TruRoots gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Barlean's coconut oil
- 1 large bundle Swiss chard
- 1 large bundle kale
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 5 chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, wash Swiss chard and kale; cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Swiss chard; cook, tossing until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; drain off excess liquid. Add walnuts, lemon juice, lemon zest, chives, sea salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta; gently toss with kale mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve warm.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).