Vegan Roasted Winter Nuts (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog,Â The Healthy Apple.Â Amie shares her passion for and approach to âClean Eatingâ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all-spice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Barlean's flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all nuts on a cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sugar with spices, flax seeds and orange zest; mix well to combine.
- Remove toasted nuts from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and spices; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer nuts to a serving dish and serve warm.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).