- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Brownie Recipes
- Gluten-free Irish Cream Brownies
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Gluten-free Irish Cream Brownies
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
One day, I had a couple of packages of gluten-free brownie mix that needed to be used. I also had a good amount of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur, and was feeling a bit adventurous. I found a recipe at All Recipes.com for something called Bailey's Irish Cream Brownies. I used my gluten-free mix, and the result was this little bit of gluten-free Irish brownie joy.
- 2 (20.5 ounce) packages Cravings Place Ooey Gooey Chocolatey Chewy Gluten-Free Brownie Mix
- 1 cup Irish gluten-free cream liqueur (such as Carolans)
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Butter the bottom and edges of a 9x14-inch jelly roll pan.
Place fudge brownie mix into a large bowl; beat in 1 cup of Irish cream liqueur, vegetable oil, and eggs until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
Spread the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan.
Bake in the preheated oven until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely.
Add unsalted butter to a large bowl and beat until smooth.
Add 5 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur and beat until mixture is creamy.
Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, until frosting is desired stiffness.
Make sure brownies are cool, then spread frosting on brownies.
Original recipe makes one 10 1/2x15 1/2-inch pan.
Get your gluten-free brownie mix here.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).