Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free & Vegan Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog,Â The Healthy Apple.Â Amie shares her passion for and approach to âClean Eatingâ by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.
Amie works one-on-one with people in person and via Skype or phone to help make their lives easier and taking the stress of "thinking it's hard to live with food allergies and/or celiac."
Celiac.com 07/02/2013 - This wonderful stuffed mushroom recipe makes a perfect appetizer for that perfect dinner experience!
Makes 16 Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 16 large button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Go Veggie! Vegan Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- 2 Tbsp. Go Veggie! Vegan Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop mushroom stems into small pieces. In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic with chopped mushroom stems over medium heat for 4 minutes or until garlic starts to brown. Add pecans, salsa, Go Veggie Cheddar Cheese Shreds, Go Veggie Parmesan and sea salt; cook for 3 more minutes. Add cooked quinoa and continue to cook, gently stirring for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to empty mushroom caps. Top with parsley and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm with additional Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).