Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free & Vegan Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
Celiac.com 07/02/2013 - This wonderful stuffed mushroom recipe makes a perfect appetizer for that perfect dinner experience!
Makes 16 Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 16 large button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Go Veggie! Vegan Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- 2 Tbsp. Go Veggie! Vegan Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop mushroom stems into small pieces. In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic with chopped mushroom stems over medium heat for 4 minutes or until garlic starts to brown. Add pecans, salsa, Go Veggie Cheddar Cheese Shreds, Go Veggie Parmesan and sea salt; cook for 3 more minutes. Add cooked quinoa and continue to cook, gently stirring for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to empty mushroom caps. Top with parsley and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm with additional Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Perfect Potluck Salsa (Gluten-Free)
This easy-to-make recipe combines tomatoes, black beans, corn and spices to deliver a sure to please salsa that makes a welcome addition to any game day potluck or friendly gathering.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Crab Cakes with Ginger and Lime
Winter is crab season on the west coast.... [READ MORE]
Vegan Roasted Winter Nuts (Gluten-Free)
There is nothing like the taste of fresh-roasted nuts during wintertime.... [READ MORE]
Kale and Swiss Chard Stir Fry (Gluten-Free)
There is a variation on this tasty recipe using Rainbow Swiss chard and pine nuts on my Web site.... [READ MORE]