- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Grilled Potato Skewers (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Grilled Potato Skewers (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 08/15/2013 - Potatoes are such simple, lovely, delightful things. They can be made so many different ways, and can be used to anchor so many meals. I don't usually grill them on skewers, so that makes this recipe even more fun.
These skewered potatoes make a nice complement to numerous grilled foods. They pair well with most meats and fishes, and are a nice way to round out any good grilling session.
Make it more fun by getting as many small, differently colored potatoes you can and making colorful skewers. The different flavors of the various potatoes will enliven the
- 1-2 dozen small potatoes, assorted colors, quartered
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 10-12 wooden skewers, soaked
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Wash and dry potatoes.
Place 4 or 5 potatoes on each skewer. Place 2-4 skewers each on a sheet of foil. Brush with olive oil, and minced garlic. Add Onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Note: If you can't get small potatoes, cut larger ones into about one-inch chunks.
Fold foil carefully, so that potatoes are enclosed, and the dull end of the skewers pokes out the end of the foil. Pinch foil around the ends.
Place on grill for 20 minutes or so, until potatoes are cooked through. Remove from grill. Remove foil and serve with other meat kebabs.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).