- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Grilled Thai-style Pork Skewers (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Grilled Thai-style Pork Skewers (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 08/29/2013 - Eating grilled meat or seafood off sticks is a rite of passage in Thailand. Street-side food stands are ubiquitous in Bangkok, and offer a mind-boggling variety of options.
Those options often include a delicious ground pork grilled on skewers and served hot. These Thai-style pork skewers are super easy to make and disappear fast at grilling sessions.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 hot chile, minced
- 2½ tablespoons gluten-free fish sauce
- 2½ tablespoons lime juice
In a large bowl, mix ground pork, chopped mint, cilantro, basil, minced shallot, hot chile, fish sauce and lime juice.
Form balls of the mixture into 2-inch ovals; place 1-2 per skewer and grill until done.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).