- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Pork and Veggie Stir-Fry (Gluten-Free)
Pork and Veggie Stir-Fry (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 11/28/2013 - I have pledged my allegiance to delicious stir-fry dishes on many occasions, and this dish has me doing it again.
This quick, delicious stir-fry brings together juicy pork, green beans, green onions, sweet red peppers, ginger, garlic and other simple ingredients to deliver a sophisticated flavor.
- 1 pound pork loin, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 pound broccolini or Chinese broccoli, trimmed and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 handful of green beens chopped into 1 in pieces
- 3 or 4 green onions, trimmed and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red-pepper flakes, as desired
- Cooked white rice, for serving
Put a pot of salted water on the stove to boil for the greens.
Cut pork into slim, bite-sized pieces about an inch long, and season with ½ teaspoon salt.
In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; set sauce aside.
Heat a teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
Add half the ginger, pepper flakes, and pork. Cook, stirring, until pork is no longer pink. Transfer to a plate.
Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan, and cook the remaining ginger, pepper flakes, and pork; transfer to plate.
Cook green beans in a medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp, but tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well, and dry with paper towels.
Add remaining teaspoon oil to the skillet. Add beans, bell pepper, and 2 tablespoons water; cook over high heat, stirring often, until peppers are tender, about 2 minutes.
Add pork mixture and reserved sauce. Cook, stirring, until pork is coated, about 1 minute. Top with cilantro, as desired, and serve immediately, over rice.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).
Get FREE Celiac.com email alerts (1-3 email per month with the latest celiac disease research and information, gluten-free recipes, etc.).