- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Baked Chicken with Herbs and Parmesan Cheese (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Baked Chicken with Herbs and Parmesan Cheese (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 01/14/2014 - Baked chicken offers an easy, healthy alternative to frying, and can produce delicious results.
This version uses crushed Rice Chex cereal in place of bread crumbs, and adds olive oil and a variety of seasonings to deliver a memorable meal.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup crushed Rice Chex
¾ cup cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic.
In a separate bowl, mix the crushed Rice Chex, Parmesan cheese, basil, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powders.
Dip each chicken breast in the oil and garlic until well-coated, then in the bread crumb Parmesan mixture. Coat chicken well.
Place coated chicken in baking dish, and top with extra coating mix.
Bake until chicken is no longer pink inside, and juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).