- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Thai-style Three Sauce Basil Chicken (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Thai-style Three Sauce Basil Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 03/11/2014 - Here's an easy to make recipe for Thai-style chicken that combines three sauces, onions, peppers, garlic, and, of course, plenty of basil.
If you like chicken, and you like basil, and you're open to Asian-style dishes, you will likely enjoy this tasty chicken dish. I like to serve it over rice, and I sometimes pair it with a nice Thai-style vegetable curry.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 small red bell peppers, cut into ¼-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly chopped
- 1 small onion, halved and cut into ¼-inch-thick wedges
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- coconut oil, for stir-fying
- cilantro springs for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free oyster sauce (Lee Kum Kee - Choy Sun)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch, salt and pepper. Toss in chicken strips and toss until well-coated with cornstarch.
Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry onions and peppers until soft. Remove and keep warm.
Add oil to wok as needed and stir-fry chicken, garlic, and pepper flakes until chicken is done.
Add sauces in order, stirring each time to fully coat. Add cooked vegetables back and stir to coat.
Add basil, stirring just until hot-crisp, and beginning to wilt.
Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately over rice.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).