- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Glorious Gluten-free Saint Patrick's Day!
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 03/14/2014 - The time is here again to celebrate all things green, all things Irish, and all things gluten-free!
For a truly glorious gluten-free St. Patty's Day, be sure to see some of our classic recipes from previous years, such as our recipes for corned beef and cabbage, gluten-free Irish soda bread.
Also, be sure to check out our recipe for delicious gluten-free lamb stew.
For those serving corned beef, you should know that most commercial corned beef is gluten-free. Here, once again is our annual list of gluten-free.
Remember, there are many other brands not listed here that are also gluten free. As always, be sure to check the ingredients on the package, including those for any extra seasonings.
Some brand labels list natural flavorings, which usually do not contain gluten. Still, if you're not sure, ask your butcher, check the manufacturer's website, or look for a brand that is reliably gluten-free.
The labels or websites for the following brands state that their products as 'gluten-free':
- Brookfield Farms
- Colorado Premium - all corned beef products
- Freirich - all corned beef
- Giant Eagle
- Grobbel's Gourmet corned beef briskets
- Libby's Canned Meats (Corned Beef and Corned Beef Hash)
- Market Day: Corned Beef Brisket
- Mosey's corned beef
- Nathan's corned beef
- Safeway, Butchers Cut bulk-wrapped corned beef brisket, corn beef brisket, vac-packed cooked corn beef
- Thuman’s cooked corn beef brisket, first cut corned beef (cooked and raw), top round corned beef (cooked), cap and capless corned beef
- Wegmans corned beef brisket
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).