Quick Gluten-Free Veggie Dip (Gluten-Free)
Melissa Bess Reed has been living gluten-free after diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998, and Hashimoto Thyroiditis in 2012. Both autoimmune disorders require a gluten-free diet. Melissa is a CMA via an Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting. She graduated top of her class Alpha Beta Kappa, volunteers for Celiac Disease Foundation Team Gluten Free and is an advocate for awareness groups like National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. She has continued on to Law School working on a Juris Doctorate Degree. Melissa has a Harvard Medical School CME Certification for Celiac Disease Gluten-Free Diet Education and a Great Kitchens NFCA Gluten-Free FOH Training Certificate. She is an author of gluten-free cookbooks and has a certified gluten-free line of foods; Gluten Free Lifestyle Series. PHOTO CREDIT: Kelly Segre
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Blog
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Facebook
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Twitter
Celiac.com 08/26/2014 - Entertaining for a celebration? Try this quick gluten-free dip to go with veggies, gluten-free bread or gluten-free crackers!
To make the quick gluten-free veggie dip you need:
- 1 large bell pepper, any color
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon fresh sweet red onion, chopped super fine
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Kale, baby greens or mint and a platter
- Your favorite dipping selections
- Wash Bell pepper, slice ¼ off top. Clean out seeds and rinse. Set aside.
- Next in a blender add the spinach, red onion, sour cream and blend just until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. Mix in cottage cheese and lemon juice. Season the mixture with red pepper flakes or cayenne, then the salt and pepper. Put the dip into the bell pepper.
- Place kale, baby greens or mint on platter. Put the bell pepper filled with dip in the center. Arrange dipping selections around bell pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).