- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich
Melissa Bess Reed has been living gluten-free after diagnosed with celiac disease in 1998, and Hashimoto Thyroiditis in 2012. Both autoimmune disorders require a gluten-free diet. Melissa is a CMA via an Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting. She graduated top of her class Alpha Beta Kappa, volunteers for Celiac Disease Foundation Team Gluten Free and is an advocate for awareness groups like National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. She has continued on to Law School working on a Juris Doctorate Degree. Melissa has a Harvard Medical School CME Certification for Celiac Disease Gluten-Free Diet Education and a Great Kitchens NFCA Gluten-Free FOH Training Certificate. She is an author of gluten-free cookbooks and has a certified gluten-free line of foods; Gluten Free Lifestyle Series. PHOTO CREDIT: Kelly Segre
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Blog
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Facebook
Gluten Free Lifestyle Series Twitter
Celiac.com 07/22/2014 - For years, I have dreamed about how nice it would be to have a tasty breakfast sandwich again that was on a gluten-Free English muffin, I really have missed those after 15 years. I found Udi’s Gluten-Free English Muffins in my local store recently! Before, I have just used gluten-free toasted bread to replace.
To make the Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich:
- Free Range Egg
- Gluten-Free Canadian Bacon, Gluten Free Ham or Bacon
- Gluten Free Mayonnaise
- Udi’s Gluten-Free English Muffins
- Hot Sauce, optional
- Toast your gluten-free English muffin halves or gluten-free bread of choice while heating pan to cook your egg.
- Cook your free range egg to your taste. I fried my egg on both sides until yolk was firm, with a bit of melted butter.
- Heat the gluten-free Canadian bacon or your selected gluten-free meat thoroughly, in same pan cooked the free range egg in. Turn off heat.
- Construct Sandwich: Spread gluten-free Mayonnaise on one side of each piece of toasted gluten-free English muffin or bread. Put a slice of cheese on one half of prepared English muffin or bread.
- Place the heated egg and meat on top of the cheese. I put a dash of hot sauce on top of my egg and meat, optional. Put the other half of gluten-free English muffin or bread on top. *I put the sandwich into the pan, cover and heat on low just until cheese melts. Enjoy warm!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).