- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Lemon Watermelon Coolers (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 09/09/2014 - Looking for a winning summertime drink that will please the kids and put a smile on the faces of your grown-up guests?
This recipe delivers tasty, refreshing lemon-watermelon coolers that also happen to make good mixers for grown-up drinks.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about 1 pound)
- 1½ cups lemonade
- 8-10 fresh mint sprigs
In a blender, puree the watermelon and lemonade, and strain into a pitcher.
Muddle the mint in a glass, add ice, and top with cooler.
For a tasty, refreshing grown-up cooler: Add vodka, clear rum, or silver tequila as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).