- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Cool Cucumber Watermelon Salad (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 08/28/2014 - My wife loves cucumbers, and I love watermelon. So, this easy recipe was a natural to compliment our Summertime grilling.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 cups cut-up seedless watermelon (about 2 pounds)
- 3-4 Persian cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced (skin on)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper, as desired
In a medium bowl, toss the watermelon, cucumber, mint, lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).