- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Diced Jicama Appetizer (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 11/12/2014 - Jicama is one of the unsung wonders of a great many Mexican dishes and salsas. In this recipe, jicama serves as the center piece for a tasty, refreshing appetizer.
- 1 jicama, peeled and diced into bite-sized chunks
- ½ tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- dash of kosher salt
Place peeled jicama pieces in a medium bowl and mix with lime juice.
Sprinkle with chili powder, mix a bit more, and arrange the jicama on a platter.
Serve immediately. Use toothpicks or small forks.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).