- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Brazilian & South American Recipes
- Quinoa Pilaf (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Quinoa Pilaf (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 01/01/2015 - I've been trying to eat more quinoa lately, and this recipe is easy to make, and delivers a tasty, nutritious dish that compliments most any entrée.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Sauté onion in oil for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and carrot, and cook 3 minutes more.
Stir in quinoa and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and fluffy.
In a bowl, toss quinoa together with almonds and parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).