- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Easy Slow-Cook Pot Roast (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Easy Slow-Cook Pot Roast (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Celiac.com 04/02/2015 - A good pot roast is a thing of beauty that will delight most any eater, and provide a generous amount of leftovers for days to come.
This recipe delivers a slow-cook pot roast that is as effortless to make as it is tender and delicious to eat.
- 5-6 pound pot roast
- 2½ cups gluten-free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ounce gluten-free “Just Like Lipton’s” dry onion soup mix
- 1½ cups water
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1 bottle Redbridge gluten-free beer, optional
Coat pot roast with gluten-free onion soup mix.
In a large bowl, mix cream of mushroom soup, beer and water. (If using beer, reduce water by equal amount). Add mix to slow cooker.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).